7/14/06

See Valerie Sue

BBC NEWS | Americas | US officials 'betrayed' CIA agent:
" I feel strongly, and justice demands, that those who acted so harmfully against our national security must answer for their shameful conduct in court."

Plame told at a news conference that "I and my former colleagues trusted the government to protect us in our jobs" and said it "betrayed that trust. I'd much rather be continuing my career as a public servant than as a plaintiff in a lawsuit."

Said Wilson: "We are under no illusions about how tough this fight will be. But we believe the time has come to hold those who use their official positions to exact personal revenge accountable and responsible for their actions." His wife said they decided to pursue the lawsuit with "heavy hearts."

No comments:

Post a Comment