4/4/05

What's Worse: Gas Prices of Helplessness?

This article on Napanews.com discusses the increasing gas prices. First of all, is anyone suprised that the cost to the consumer is going up? Who benefits from that increase? Hmmm, let me think...I really am at a loss...who could possibly be gaining from this? Gee that's a mystery. I believe if enough noise is mde, there can be a change. The bush administration is not interested in chancging the situation anytime soon.

Secondly, I have NO sympathy for people who have to pay to fill up their Suburbans or Hummers. None.

Lastly, are we helpless in this situation? Here's an exerpt from the article. These people sound hopeless.

One customer, who declined to give his name, said he just paid $90 to fill up the 40-gallon gas tank in his 1989 Suburban.

Scott Lisch was expecting to shell out about $40 to top off the gas tank in his Ford pickup.

"I don't like it, but there isn't much I can do about it. I have really tried to cut down on my driving, no more road trips just for fun," Lisch said. "I hear the prices may even go higher. All you can do is accept it and bite the bullet."

Kevin Hangman dished out $20 to fill the eight-gallon tank on his compact pickup.

"What are you going to do? It's not going to change. You can gripe all you want, but if you want to drive, you're going to pay whatever the going price is," Hangman said.

Jose Morales wasn't happy about spending $30 for a tank of gas.
"I feel terrible. I think I might buy a smaller four-cylinder vehicle. It's really upsetting that gas keeps going higher and higher. I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHO'S BEHIND THIS"(caps mine) Morales said.

No comments:

Post a Comment